Engagement, that first step towards commitment for a lifetime. Saagai or engagement is now an elaborate affair with the families coming together and exchanging gifts, greetings and officially announcing the wedding. In India, especially, whether or not it is a royal wedding, just like any other occasion or celebration, this ritual is incomplete without the nach gana and songs!
Undoubtedly, there is still a small section of older women to sing their regional hymns and engagement songs, but not everyone can relate to them, mainly the current generation on young brides who have lived their lives in cities and have grown up listening to extravagant Bollywood songs. And Bollywood, my friends, over the years has songs for every occasion. So after a thorough research we are laying out list of some amazing Bollywood engagement songs for you to dance to or simply play these Hindi songs in the background, while the ceremony is on:-
- Aaj Hai Saagai – Pyar Toh Hona Hi Tha
- Wah Wah Ram Ji- Hum Aapke Hain Kaun
- Saajanji Ghar Aaye- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Le Jayenge Le Jayenge- Chor Machaye Shor
- Let’s Rock Now Soniye- Bhool Bhulaiyaa
- Nagada- Jab We Met
- Woh Pehli Baar Jab Hum Mile- Pyar Main Kabhi Kabhi
- Jana Hai Tujhko- Mere Baap Pehle Aap
- Mahi Ve- Kal Ho Na Ho
- Mujhe Saajan Ke Ghar Jana Hai- Lajja
- Pehli Nazar- Race
- Main Wari Jaavan- Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya
- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
- Chal Pyar Karegi- Jab Pay Kisi Se Hota Hai
- Shaadi Ke Liye Razaamand Kar Di- Devi
- Mehendi Rang Layi- Chal Mere Bhai
- Mehendi Laga Ke Rakhna- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
- Jab Mila Tu- I Hate Love Stories
- O Priya O Priya- Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaye
- Badhaai Ho- Badhaai ho Badhaai
We hope to have covered some really good songs for your saagai or engagement and look to update this list soon with some more peppy and relevant list of Bollywood engagement songs!
The following two tabs change content below.