Bollywood is the trendsetter when it comes to India and heart of Bollywood is Mumbai- India’s entertainment capital. Your wedding is no less than a dream Bollywood sequence and hence, shopping for your bridal trousseau it’s only smart and obvious that you want to zero down to Mumbai. Mumbai is a diverse city where the richest of rich and poorest of poor, reside side by side. In such diversity you get a chance to be fashionable and customised designs at a price that fits just right.
Before you get started on Bridal Trousseau Shopping in Mumbai
Unlike Delhi, where you can find all your trousseau needs in one place, Mumbai’s fashion destinations are spread across the geography of the island city. Hence, it is a good idea to have a list of ceremonies and functions ready for which you need to shop. So, while you go from store to store looking for a perfect dream bridal trousseau in Mumbai, you can also tick some trousseaus off your list for other ceremonies.
Where to shop for Bridal Trousseau in Mumbai
- Bandra: The most stylish area of Mumbai. It hosts top designers’ studios and some really upmarket international chain stores which provide some unique trousseau styles which you won’t find anywhere else.
- Santacruz: It has stores like Seasons that give you a wide variety of options to choose from depending on your style, like and budget. In addition, there are budding designers in this area which could help you create your dream wedding lehenga right from scratch!
- Dadar: This is a very traditional zone and close to the hearts of Marathi and South Indians. For all your traditional and ethnic requirements for religious rituals, you can completely trust being here. There are numerous stores along the East side of the station where you can scout.
- South Mumbai: This is for pure sophistication! Not-too-loud, yet classy! If this is your style or a style that you want to adopt for a certain function, then head to South Mumbai.
Every part of Mumbai has some or the other fashion designer with their boutique to bring your wedding lehenga to life. However, not all can be trusted. Hence, I highly recommend you watch this video by Kalyan Jewellers in their series #TrulyBridal where Devika Patel, talks about best places to shop for your Bridal trousseau in Mumbai.
Also, let us know in the comments if you wish any more specific places to be added to the blog, where you personally had an awesome shopping experience.
Latest posts by ShaadiToWedding (see all)
- Tips for young Moms for getting ready at Weddings on time - April 7, 2017
- Tips to have a Pet-Friendly Wedding in India - April 3, 2017
- Pre-wedding poses that every bride and groom must try - March 15, 2017