Every bride deserves to look flawless and her beautiful best on her wedding day and reception party. A blushing bride truly looks gorgeous, but still we cannot rule out the importance of right makeup for the occasion. The main idea behind the perfect makeup for reception is to accentuate your best features and hide the not-so-best ones while keeping the overall look simple yet gorgeous.
Most Indian brides choose heavy dresses like lehengas or saree along with equally heavy jewellery. Hence, Devika Arora, expert stylist from Kalyan Jewellers suggest that it is best to go for a natural makeup. Check out this video for some of her favourite tips for a reception makeup:
Here are some handy tips to get your reception look right:
- Moisturise your clean and dry face using a face moisturiser that suits your skin type. Let it sit for about 2 minutes and then follow it with a primer to even out your skin and ensure that your makeup lasts long.
- Use a good concealer to cover up dark spots, blemishes and dark circles. For those with oily skin, HD foundation is a must, while for others, a mousse foundation can do the job perfectly.
- Red cheeks of a blushing bride look ravishing and one can achieve it by using a soft pink cream blush. You also consider using a bronzer to contour your face and make it look sharp and chiselled in the photographs.
- If you have thin lips, you can make them appear fuller by extending the natural lip line using a skin-coloured lip liner. But remember, not to overdo it! You can finish the look with a pink or peach hyper stay lip colour.
- Today is not a day for experiments, so ditch those blue or teal liners, instead pick up the jet-black gel eyeliner and start to fill the eye sockets.
- Gold or peach coloured eyeshadows look good on most of the Indian brides and give a nice shimmery effect.
- Once you are done with the eyeshadow, apply the gel eyeliner and smudge it lightly to achieve a beautiful smokey eye effect.
- Use an eyelash curler to curl your lashes and apply two coats of mascara. If you wish to add some extra drama to your look, you can do that by stacking false eyelashes.
- To make your eyebrows look more defined, you can use eyeshadows, pencils or even eyebrow gel.
Always remember to highlight only one feature at a time. You can either go bold with your eyes or lips, but never both.
Do not forget to like, comment and subscribe to the Truly Bridal by Kalyan Jewellers YouTube channel.